Monday, November 1, 2010

Stranger With My Face by Lois Duncan

Stranger With My Face is a book about a girl named Laurie Stratton who lives with her parents, her brother Neal, and her sister Megan. Her life was perfect, perfect boyfriend, perfect house, perfect everything. But something isn't right. He boyfriend swears he saw her out on the beach with another boy when she was in bed sick. Her parents thought she had come home from school when she hadn't and her little sister "saw" her floating by her bedroom window. "I bent closer to examine the contours of the bone structure, the olive complexion, the thick fringe of lashes lying motionless against the smooth cheek might well have been my own." page 220 1st paragraph 2nd sentence.
I would recommend this book to the people who like fast paced mystery type novels. It's not for the people who can't be unrealistic. You have to be able to understand the story. Over all this is now one of my favorite books. It's well written and easy to understand. I think that honestly whether you hate non-fiction or love non fiction you will like this book.

3 comments:

  1. I've read a couple of Duncan's books and really enjoyed both of them. One was "I Know What You Did Last Summer" which was made into a movie. She writes interesting mysteries, but often they can be a little spooky, also. Hmm...this makes me wonder if she has a lost twin or if it's something more sinister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a good mystery that I probably will read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be really freaked out if I saw my sister floating near my window! It sounds like a book that I would have to read in the day rather than the night. I might check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete