Monday, November 22, 2010


The Moon of Two Dark Horses
The Moon of Two Dark Horses is about Chooshmoo an Indian boy during the Revolutionary War and Daniel an English settler. They're attempting to stop the Revolution by finding a black locust tree and freeing the Indian and white man fighting inside. If they fail the Nation will plunge into war and their neutral tribe will have to join the white mans' war one way or another.

"If I knew where to die I would look at you and not be afraid we would die together. I had no idea that words could be tested, tried" said Coshmoo.

Personally I would not recommend this book, it bounces point of view without warning and is almost just thrown together with very little structure.

5 comments:

  1. I have usually enjoyed books that have different points of view, but the author does have to structure it correctly. It seems like there's a bit of a fantastical element to the story as well. It's too bad you didn't enjoy it. There are a lot of great historical fiction novels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading stuff about history such as the revolutionary war. I have never heard of this book before but now it sounds very interesting and makes me want to go find it. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would probably get confused and not know what was going on. From what i read though it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy reading stuff about history but book sounds different than other history books I have read. I like to read books that make sense in a way though.

    ReplyDelete