Monday, December 15, 2014


Famous Last Words - Katie Alender
Kennedy Mineer

Willa lived an ordinary life until the day her father past away. 

Willa used to live in a small, little town before her mother married Jonathan Walters, one of the biggest and most famous directors of California. Willa had been trying to connect to her father since the day she found a ghost book at the local book store. Not knowing what the consequences were, she began to follow the directions in the book. The first night she moved into her house, she decided to go swimming to try to get her mind off the day she had had. As she swam laps across the pool, she was pulled under, her head slipping beneath the surface. Willa's lungs filled with water as she was dragged  away from air. When she thought she was done for, her body was jerked out of the water and pulled onto the side of the pool by her stepfather. The next day she realized her life wasn't the same.  

I made a connection with Willa because she has a step dad and I have a step dad. Another connection I made is that Willa is used to living in a small neighborhood and then when she moved, she kind of felt like she didn't belong where she was. that's how I was when I first moved to Alpine because everyone's houses up here are really big, nice and fancy.  

On the front of the book cover, its says, "Hollywood can be murder." Which is true because in the book, there's a hollywood killer on the loose that is going after young actresses. I like this quote because it fits the book very well.

I loved this book because it always kept you drawn in, there wasn't any slow parts and it didn't keep you guessing for to long. The length was just right. Another reason why I liked this book was because it's not some huge book with a million pages that explain things that don't matter. It gets to the point.
 




6 comments:

  1. I hate moving! I have moved eight times in my life. It is very hard and stressful, so I can relate to Willa. This sounds like an interesting book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really good book! I also have moved before, from a small close-knit neighborhood where most families had at least three or four kids, to South Jordan, where there was only one kid on the street, then to Alpine. Moving can be hard, and getting used to a new place can be difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like such a good book! I can't imagine how scary Willa must have felt when she was being dragged deeper into her own pool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that would be so scary if you were to be pulled under water by something. I too have a step dad and when i moved to alpine, everything was so expensive and big and nice. This seems like a good thriller book that i should give a try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have move a lot like 10 times or so. It would be very scary to be dragged under water by something. especially if you didn't know what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book seems very interesting. Ive seen it before but never read it. I think is would be scary to be pulled underwater by something you dont know.

    ReplyDelete