Wednesday, May 7, 2014



First off, I know most people aren't fans of graphic novels. Heck. Especially manga. But i also know that there ARE fans of manga. Hiromu Arakawa's "Fullmetal Alchemist" is a great adventurous manga. This manga is about two brothers. Edward and Alphonse Elric get very interested in Alchemy at a very young age.  They study a lot about it and keep using things to make other things. "The one rule of Alchemy is that in order to gain something, another thing of equal value must be traded." Ed and Al don't take much caution and aren't smart enough to think about that one rule. A big mess goes wrong and it results in Ed losing his arm and leg and Al losing his whole body. I can't say anything else if you plan on reading this book. I like how this isn't some typical magic story, it goes though Ed and Al's past as the story goes on. I recommend reading this book if you like major action magic stories. Something that drew me in were the continuous cliff hangers. You can't really put the book down once you get started. I know it's a graphic novel, but these are so addicting to read. I'm not just talking about THIS particular book but the series. It also kinda has some moral stuff in it, but not much, obviously, because it's a graphic novel. 

2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Full metal alchemist is a series that deserves a ton more love than it gets.You are even more awesome for including the "One rule of alchemy..." quote, that is also very underrated. One thing I must disagree with you on is "some moral stuff" this series is bleeding with drama and angst and heart, Nina and Hughes are enough to mane any sane person begin bawling in the corner. I digress, thank you so much for showing how good this series is, and showcasing it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really cool, although I don't read this kind of books, it sounds pretty cool and I will probably read it. I like the books like these that you can't put down. It's really cool when authors do that. It sounds really cool, thank you!

    ReplyDelete