Wednesday, May 7, 2014

                                              

                              Schooled
                         By: Gordon Korman

This book is about a teenager boy that lived in a community of hippies, he lives with his grandmother rain, and he is home schooled. Rain had a terrible fall and had to go to the hospital, Cap short for Capricorn has to go live with some family friends for a couple months so his grandmother can get well. It was restricted of him to go to a public school because his grandmother was in the hospital, in the family that he is staying with there is a high school girl named Sophie, she did not like Cap, she thought he was weird annoying and looked funny. When Cap goes to school he is of course the bottom of the food chain. He was in eighth grade the top grade at the school, Zach was the most popular boy at school and his girlfriend Naomi was the most popular girl. every year in eighth grade they tried to an nominate the most nerdy boy in school so they can make fun of them, and of course this year it had to be cap, he was practically perfect for the job he wore weird clothes and his hair was in dread locks. They tried to torture him and tell him lies so he would nominate to be president, but Cap is a loving and forgiving person so he doesn't mind that he is getting teased. Naomi felt terrible about what she was doing to poor cap, she thought he was sweet and had actual feeling about life, rather than Zach. What is Cap going to do?

I connected to this book because I moved from Japan to Utah and Japan and Utah are two different places, and when I came to school I felt like the weird kid, I felt like people stared at me weird, but I did not know how to act in an American public school. And nether did Cap he has never been to a public school before so I felt like I connected to that part of the book.

 that I liked this book a lot, it was funny and had lots of fun twist in the book. I've never read a book about hippie before so I thought it was a very creative book, I suggest you read this book because it was funny and was a creative story! “When we lock things away," he said with conviction, "we're really imprisoning ourselves.” I liked this quote in the book because it is true, and it also remind me of what a hippie would exactly say! I suggest you read this book! 

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book review and loved the quote. I liked how you used an experience of your own and was able to relate to the book. I'm definitely going to have to put this on my next read list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great book review I am glad that I stopped to read this book review. This sounds like a good book I am so glad I did not have to switch schools ever
    because that would stink. I think that I will read this book next year.

    ReplyDelete