Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Great Gatsby


 This book takes place in long island New York, 1922. This story is about a young man, middle aged millionaire, mysterious Jay Gatsby, Mr. Gatsby is very humble and he is full of secrets, he is young and very handsome, and in the book it said he had one of those rare smiles you'll only see a few times in your life. Everyone makes up different stories about Mr. Gatsby but non of them are true, who is this secretive Jay Gatsby? his main priority is his beautiful lover Daisy Buchanan, Daisy is married to a rude and selfish man named Tom, in the book they describe as daisy a sweet and powerful personality and is beautiful un belief. The person writing this story is the neighbor of Mr. Gatsby, His name is Nick Carraway who is also cousins with Daisy, Nick is a writer and writes about Gatsby. Gatsby always troughs these parties at his house but no one has ever really known what Gatsby looks like, or how he became rich. Daisy is married to a man named Tom Buchanan, who isn't very loyal to Daisy, but Daisy doesn't know that, Gatsby finds out that His neighbor Nick is cousins with the women Gatsby's in love with. Gatsby invited him to lunch and all of these occasions. Nick doesn't know why Gatsby is so interested in him as a great friend, they were just neighbors. Nick finally founds out about his cousins past relationship with Gatsby before he went on the war, they were in love but then Mr. Gatsby went into the war and daisy got married, she wasn't really in love instead she still thought about Gatsby, and Gatsby of course was still in love with her. He through parties hoping that one day daisy would come wondering in, when Nick heard this he decided that he should invite his cousin over and Mr. Gatsby to meet again. When they met they felt like connected again and were in love, but that's not the happy ending yet, Mr. Gatsby would do anything for his daisy, and after that everything goes wrong.

I like this book, because this is my favorite time period and has a perfect setting for this book, it has shocking moments and a lot of secrets involved, its supper mysterious and interesting, I suggest you read this book if you like, romance and intense novels. This book has a lot of details in it, and he uses very clever words! My favorite quote in the book is, "The lights grow brighter as the earth lurches away from the sun." when I read this, a picture came to my head of new york city lights at night, its such a short sentence but is very meaningful and intense. 

If you like romance and literature novels you'll like this book a lot! It is one of my favorites! I suggest you read it!




3 comments:

  1. I read this a few years ago. Mostly I felt bad for Gatsby, and I thought Daisy and her husband deserved each other because they were both so horrible. The newest movie adaptation definitely shows the excess of the era.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very well written and I love the quote and what you imagined when you heard this quote. I haven't read this book, so when I read the quote, I thought of space. But then again, I have never read this book. I love the 1920's and this book sounds like an awesome book to read. If there is a lot of details in this book, I defiantly want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book seems pretty cool but I don't know if i'd ever read it because it attract my attention. This was a very well written review. I love how you suggested it for certain people.

    ReplyDelete