Monday, February 3, 2014

Hugo Cabret


                                                                                                                                                      

 So this book is about a boy named Hugo. He lives in a train station working on the clocks and keeps them running. Well you are probably wondering why he is there. Well his father worked at a museum and he was in the attic and found a mechanical man that could write and Hugo really wanted to see what it would write. For his birthday his dad was going to give the mechanical man do him after he fixed it. Well one day he was staying a little late and the guard came and looked him in the attic not knowing that he was in there. Then the museum took fire and Hugo's dad died in the fire. well Hugo was waiting for his dad is uncle came in and told him that his dad had died and he is going with him so they moved to the train station. Then when is uncle left one night he never came back but Hugo still would wind and check the clocks. He would take his uncles pay checks each week so they would think he was not gone. But he did not know how to cash them in so he just left in his room. Then he went back to were the museum burnt and found the mechanical man siting under some burnt building peaces so he took it home for him self to fix. then there is this toy both next to where he lives and he steals toys to put some of its gears for the mechanical man and Ill end here.

One of my favorite quotes in the book is Hugo thinks to him self that "The automation was not fixed. There must have been something I had missed. He had failed". I like this quote because he judged himself to quickly and its a good lesson to learn to not judge your self to quickly. I like the place that it is in because I like how he doesn't really make the place up its based off real places because when you think train station you think its in the middle of the city there is allot of booths and stores and entertainment places you think of the one big clock tower and then all the little ones around so it makes you feel like your in a real place. I really like this book because it seems like the book is about to end but then it starts part 2 of the book. If you like drama and allot of tense sense you love this book.  

6 comments:

  1. This book is cool because the story is told in words and pictures. The pictures make you think of a movie because there are close-ups, long shots, etc. I haven't seen the movie, so I wonder what others think of it compared to the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your review. Explained the book very well, nicely done. I love that you added a quote and described why you like it. Most of the book is pictures, so I loved how the author showed you the story visibly, and told you what is happening on the few pages after.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to read this. It sounds like such a great book. I am going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everybody talks about "Oh, Hugo is such a great book." or "Hugo was was such a great movie." After reading this review, i thought that i needed to try this book out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read this book and i liked it. I liked how it showed you some illustrations of what is happening. Great review! It makes me like the book even more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved reading this book! I loved all of the pictures in this book. I like to know what is going on in the book. You had the important events in it and that helped me want to read it even more!

    ReplyDelete