Thursday, November 21, 2013

"you'll never know unless you try".Swagger is a book by Carl Deuker and it's about a boy named Jonas Dolan.He's a point guard for his high school basket ball team in Redwood city, California. His coach as high expectations for him and is helping him to get in to a division two college basketball team. Jonas's skills are pretty good when it comes to basketball. But it all goes downhill for school. Jonas's coach has challenged him to get good grades so he can have a bright future. But his dad just lost his job and his mom is having to work extra hours. Jonas's dad got a great job opportunity in Seattle. His dad leaves the option up to Jonas if they are moving because it would be a struggle for Jonas to have to move. It's just another thing to worry about but Jonas chooses whats best for his family and sends them out to Seattle where he meets his best friend Levi, who also plays basketball for his high school. Jonas just has to continue getting good grades, helping the family, and working on basketball that is if he wants a bright future. 

I like this book because it's about a kid who never gives up on what he wants. He knows what he needs to do and what limits he can push it too. This book is also inspiring in ways that kids could connect to. Jonas has so many things he needs to do and one is have a positive attitude. His best friend helps him through the trials he has to face and Jonas keeps his head up even tho his life is going down. I think this book is one of my favorite books and it has so much to catch up on but is so much fun to read. 


6 comments:

  1. Great summary, this sounds like a really good book. I like how he thinks about others before himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really good book. I know some people where that has happened to them. I haven't read it but your summary wants me to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like this is a really good book ill have to check it out sometime. you did a great job on your summary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great summary Maddie! I think you did a great job because it makes me want to read it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a really good book, and I thought that it was a really good review to. I would really like to go and read it some time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds awesome! "You'll never know unless you try!" This is one of my favorite quotes! Carl will never know what will happen in Seattle, until he gets there. I think it would be really hard to switch schools your senior year! You've known the people in your school all your life and now you have to leave them all and move for your dads work! I think I would really like this book! I'll have to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete