Friday, November 29, 2013

Ripple

 
By Mandy Hubbard
 
"Then I killed him. I drowned him in the ocean."
This book is heart-breaking, thrilling, and very romantic. Ripple is about a high school girl named Lexi. She has a terrible curse, she has to go to a secret lake high in the mountains a swim in it every night. Her father left her and her mother, and shortly after her mother killed herself. Her curse started when she was 16 years old when she swam with her first love Steven. When they went swimming Lexi started to sing, and she drowned Steven. From that day forward she shut out all her friends for their protection.
 
About a year later Steven friend Cole, try's to break her walls. Sienna is was her friend, but ever since her brother Steven's death she lead a group of kids to torment Lexi. Lexi learns the only way to break her curse is do the one thing she hasn't done in a long time, fall in love. Can love conquer a curse that could kill her true love?
 
Lexi is a beautiful teenage girl who lives in Florida with a dark secret. The water calls to her, draws her in, forces her to sing a deadly song to unsuspecting victims. She shuts herself off refusing to make friends or fall in love, again. She doesn't know what she is or why she is has to swim or suffer through an unbearable, painful day. She is unwillingly opening up again, falling for Cole who sees through her icy mask. This story is told through her point of view, and what she has to go through.
 
I recommend this book to people 13 and up, and anyone who loves a good romance. It will have you at the edge of your seat, wanting to read the whole thing at once. It has mystery and suspense, and it had me hooked from the very first sentence. I really loved this book, and know whoever reads this next will love it too.


7 comments:

  1. This book sounds really good! It would be tough to have killed your true love. I will definitely read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This summery is amazing and it really convinces me that this book is good. I love these kind of books that always has you wondering what's gonna happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. . . scary. I think I will have to read it though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds really cool. I am going to put this book on my list. Your summary was amazing and now I cant wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds like one to read. That would be a weird thing though having a curse. Hopefully people will read this book because it sounds like a really good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, I thought this was a great review. Second, I would really love to read this book, I think you gave a really good review, which means it needs to be good. This sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Then I killed him. I drowned him in the ocean." Wow, I love this hook! It sounds so interesting! I love to read mystery books and books that keep you on the edge of your seat. I'm sure I will love this book! I will have to read this book soon!

    ReplyDelete