Wednesday, November 13, 2013


Author: Linda Gerber

I thought that this book was just going to be a complete mess, I mean just read the title. I read this book on a dare from my library aide partner and it turned out to be a better book than I expected. It had a good mystery behind the story line and a decently good plot. It was a well written book but it didn't have enough "pizzazz."

Aphra Behn Connolly has the type of life most teenage girls envy. She lives on a tropical island surrounded by celebrities and gets to go to the beach every day. She has no chance to make friends on this island so when a mysterious family comes to the island with there "good looking" son Seth Mul she has to get to know him better, but there is one problem. Her father wont let her talk to him.

This was a well written book but it was a little boring at points. I believe that this book was meant for girls (Which may be one of the reasons I did not like it), but some boys might enjoy reading it. I never really got into reading it because it didn't have enough attention grabbers for me. I don't regret reading it, but i do not think i will read it again.

I really loved Seth he seamed really cool and relaxed. I loved how his character was open and yet at the same time mysterious. He had a very cool personality and had an air of confidence that I really enjoyed.

“Never use limitations as an excuse for mediocrity.” I really like this quote in the book because it can relate to everyone and everything in life. I feel like it tells you that your limits are as big as you make them. This is my favorite book quotes.

3 comments:

  1. I think the title is an attention-grabber, that's for sure. I'm still a little confused about why the girl can't talk to the boy. Seriously is her name really Aphra? You picked a great quote from the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly I saw this book in the library too and I thought it would be a mess, thanks to your review now I am thinking about reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think was a good review. You did a great job of being descriptive. Nice job on completing the dare. Nice Job!

    ReplyDelete