Monday, September 23, 2013

The House Of The Scorpion

       This book is mind blowing. It was the best book I have read this year. I loved the way the author Nancy Farmer wrote the book. It is filled with Action, Adventure, Suspense, and a little bit of romance. I loved every single aspect of this book.

        Mat has known two things all of life stay hidden and stay put. Mat doesn't know why he has to follow these rules and all he wants to do is go out into the world. One day he sees a couple of kids playing and they saw him too. He had broken the first rule. They are trying to reach out to him but he cant hear them. He decides to break the second rule. He breaks the window and falls out and gets hurt. The kids take him back to their estate and take him to a doctor. When the doctor is operating on him he suddenly the doctor scream there are five words on his foot property of.... read the book to find out more.
       This is a good book for both genders and children between the ages 12-18. I love book. that have a boy and girl as the main characters but there is not to much romance. This is one of those books.

      Sometimes i felt that this book went a little too in depth at some points. Like when they were explaining the garden for the first time it took way to long. At some points in the book you just wanted to say. Get on with it already.

     My favorite quote of the book is when Tam Lin said "Mat you are different from all of the other clones" it was a really sweet part of the book coming from one of the rough and tough characters.

6 comments:

  1. This seems like a really good book, I know when I am stuck inside and am not around others a lot it makes me want to jump at whoever new I see. I will definitely read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this book. It's sci-fi and was out before these became really popular again. It was interesting to read about a character who is a clone. Cloning is an eery concept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds very suspenseful. I would love to read this cause it is suspenseful. The next book I read will definitely be this one, it sounds like my kind of book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked this review, i really thought that you did a good job describing your book and also informing people if you should read this book or not. This is a great review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds like a good book to read. Your review was good that i want to read this book. I am going to read this for sure

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a really interesting book. The way it was described in the review makes me want to try reading it.

    ReplyDelete