Wednesday, September 11, 2013

River Secrets

By: Shannon Hale

"Razo whispered a wish that Enna was not burning again."
 River Secrets is amazing!! I love the mystery/fantasy/action/romance. It has something in here for almost everyone. Razo must find and stop a group of people, fire-speakers, who are trying to restart the war between Tira and Bayern. They are trying to stage murders to make it look like his friend, Enna, is burning again.

Razo is chosen to be one of the ambassador's guards. The ambassador is going to the neighboring country of Tira. Upon their arrival, trouble begins. Many people hate Razo and his group because of the war. Someone is trying to restart the war and take over Bayern once and for all. Will Razo have what it takes to figure out the people behind this and be able to stop them?   

Razo is so funny! He can always be bribed with food to do just about anything. He has the special gift where people trust him. He is able to make friends of those in high and low places. His almost goofy nature when he is trying to be serious is priceless. 

I loved this book. I think that this book is great for anyone over the age of  11.  I love the mystery in it that makes you want to skip to the end because of the suspense. I loved the action. I loved the surprising romance. I loved the humor. I think that Shannon Hale is a very talented author.





4 comments:

  1. I definitely want to read this now, I think some of my friends are like Rizo. My friends are very goofy and when they try to be serious they end up making me laugh harder than when they're actually trying to be funny. I read The Princess Academy and I loved it maybe this is another book by Shannon Hale I'll like

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to remember if I read this whole series or not. If I did it was awhile ago. Shannon Hale is a great author. I think one of my favorites was Princess Academy. One of her adult books, Austenland, has been made into a movie, which is really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great description you really grabbed my attention with the first sentence. Seems like a very interesting book. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a really good book! I love to read mystery, action, fantasy, and romance books, I think it would be fun be read a book with all of them together. I think might actually want to read the end first. I've always wanted to read the princess academy, but I've never had the chance. I can't wait to read River Secrets!

    ReplyDelete