Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Fellowship of the Ring


The Fellowship of the Ring by JRR Tolkien. The Fellowship of the ring begins in the Shire, with Bilbo Baggins' eleventy-first(111) birthday. When he disappears from the shire, his nephew, Frodo, is left with his ring. After 13 years, Frodo becomes 50 years old, and finds out that the dark lord is after his mystical ring. He and his friends Sam, Merry, and Pippin journey to Rivendell, being pursued by evil black riders. Then they go off to an inn called the prancing pony, where they meet Strider. They leave and finally return to Rivendell, and Frodo is reunited with Bilbo. The elf Elrond forms the Fellowship of the ring: 9 people. One elf, one dwarf, two men, a wizard, and the four hobbits. From there they go through the perilous mine of Moria, where they lose the wizard. Later, the fellowship is broken as Frodo and Sam leave the group.

The main characters in this book were Frodo, Gandalf, Aragorn, Gimli, Boromir, Legolas, Sam, Merry, and Pippin. They were all important people in this story, because they were the nine that made up the fellowship of the ring. One of them will die, and one will be lost.

I thought that this book was super awesome. This book is the most unlike the movie for it than any other book I've ever read. A quote from this book is "black riders on black horses," which is referring to the black riders who chased the group . The first book of the Lord of the Rings trilogy had a little less than 400 pages, so it took a while to read. But, even though this was a long book, it was really fun. I am glad that I chose to read this book. I wonder if the next book is as good as this one. I would recommend this book to anybody who enjoys reading fantasy adventure books like I do!

3 comments:

  1. This book sounds interesting. I would have never thought to read something like this, but when you put it into these words I really want to read it. I love fantasy adventure books as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really Interesting and seems like a good book. I will have to read it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the whole trilogy awhile ago. The story is pretty exciting most of the time, but sometimes I would skim read through parts. The movies really made the series popular again.

    ReplyDelete