Monday, May 13, 2013

Unbroken
By: Laura Hillenbrand

An epic story on world war 2. With love, loss, war, tragedy, friendship, hatred, revenge, forgiveness, addictions, and survival. Louie Zamperini has to deal with all of it.

Louie Zamperini at first always got last at track. Then his older brother Pete motivates him and he becomes a track star. After training and beating his PR(Personal Record) time and time again he qualifies for the Olympics, but before he knows it the Olympics are cancelled and world war 2 starts.

Once Louie finds out about the Olympics cancelling he is devastated. Right when everything was going well for him, the Olympics are cancelled. He had a great career ahead of him, but instead of waiting for the next summer Olympics to start he decides to join the war. 

Once he joins the army he meets a man named Phil. Phil is a pilot and Louie has been assigned to his plane, along with a couple other people. He is assigned as the bomber. After several practice flights they finally got the plane under control. Before Louie called it "The Flying Coffin" Because it was so unreliable. After practice bombings and shootings the crew is ready for action. 

On there first several missions they are successful but eventually the Japanese find them... If you want to find out what happens I suggest you read the book. Even if you don't want to know what happens I still suggest you read the book.(If swearing offends you then you probably don't want to read it. It swears a lot in the middle section of the book)

This is a very well written book with tons of facts and description. It is really interesting and I hope you all read it. There are a lot of side notes that explain in more depth what is happening. Those are often interesting. So I suggest you read this book!

6 comments:

  1. This is one of the best books I've ever read. There's a lot of action, but it's really a story of survival and redemption. I think it's important to read about history and see what sacrifices have been made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think it could be/is a true story? Sounds super interesting! For me it is sometimes hard to come by a historical fiction book that catches my attention but this one sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading books about world war 2, but none of the ones I have read sound as exciting as this one does! I'll have to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a really interesting historical fiction novel! They next time I need a historical fiction novel, I'll definitely keep this in mind. Great book review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good book. Training all of your life to be in the Olympics and World War II starts? That, is one of the worst things ever to happen. This review makes me want to read the book and see how Louie changes from a Track star to a air-plane bomber.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a good book. I like those war stories. I wounder if he will make it to the Olympics.

    ReplyDelete