Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Kingdom Keepers: Disney after Dark

Have you ever wanted to go inside Disney parks after-hours? In Ridley Pearson's realistic Kingdom Keepers series, you can! Finn Whitman got a job being a "Disney Host Interactive", or DHI. DHIs are holographic projections that lead guests through the park. Finn is not quite so happy about his job when there are unexpected side effects to the technology. After dark, he ends up in the park as his hologram self! Could it be real? Or is it only a crazy dream? Then he meets Wayne, an Imagineer who tells him that the park is in grave danger. Only Finn and the other DHIs can save it!

This book has a wonderfully descriptive setting. When you read, it almost feels like you're in the park! It has high technology and Disney bits scattered throughout. Adventure abound, if you like books such as The Hunger Games and The Maze Runner, you will love this book. I loved this book, and if you read it, you will too! 

3 comments:

  1. I don't think there is any cooler setting than Disney after dark. The series just keeps going, but it has held the interest of a lot students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have to read this book! I love Disney Parks so after dark could be a cool reading experience!! It sounds suspenseful as well which is a good attention grabber. Awesome job describing the setting by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book!! It is written so well. I love Disney, and when you add in the mystery of the parks being in danger, it is impossible to put down! I really like the action, but my favorite is probably the solutions to the puzzles that they have to figure out with Disney clues. It is like a tour of the parks, backstage and public, all smashed into one series! I can't wait for book 7!

    ReplyDelete