Monday, May 6, 2013

The Amaranth Enchantment

The Amaranth Enchantment 
Julie Berry
Julie Berry's The Amaranth Enchantment wondered me with it's epic plot of good and evil, it's awesome adventure, and charming romance.

Here is a taste of the romance:
“I don't suppose you believe love could last forever."
I'd hurt him. I looked away, chagrined.
"You're mistaken," I said. "I do believe it could. But it would depend upon the lovers."
He folded his arms and watched me, forcing me to return his gaze. Oh, those eyes.
"And what kind of lovers must they be?" he asked.
The You-and-Me kind?” 


Lucinda's parents were killed in a suspicious carriage accident, leaving her to the mercy of her step aunt and her kind uncle. Every day is the same in her uncle's low end jewelry shop, until out of the blue, something happens. A handsome debonair man, and a mysterious young woman happen to enter in to the lowly jewelry shop, changing Lucinda's life in to what it once was. The man is the prince of the realm, and the woman is the evil Amaranth Witch. This throws Lucinda's life into chaos as she discovers who is the 'good guy' and who is the 'bad guy' not to mention two men fighting over her.

The Amaranth Witch is misunderstood for what she really is, like the Salem Witch Trials. Something bad happened on the  day this other-worldly creature emigrated from her world through a well, and people blame her for a simple mistake. She is falsely accused, and almost killed, fortunately she didn't end up like the 18 hanged Salem Witches. Everyone fears her for the wrong reason, since she is powerless in this world without her stone that holds her 'soul'.

This book was really interesting, and I couldn't put it down! I recommend this for girls that like romance, adventure, and watching a character emotionally grow while discovering hunting secrets of her past.

No comments:

Post a Comment