Saturday, May 11, 2013



Gregor the overlander
By: Suzanne Collins 
When you think of Suzanne Collins you normally think of The Hunger Games but she does have more than just one book series. This book is almost like an Alice in wonderland mix. It is really interesting.

In the book there is a boy named Gregor who lives with his grandma, his mom, and his two sisters, Boots and Lizzie. His dad had disappeared two years ago so his mom has to work.  His mom wont let him go to camp like all his friends are doing because Gregor has to babysit his sister Boots for the summer while his mom is at work. While babysitting his sister, he sees a strange smoke coming from the laundry room. His sister falls into the smoke and he follows. They fall for a while and when they land they are surrounded by giant cockroches. The cockroaches take then to strange people who then tell gregor that there is a prophecy about him there. They go on this big mission, killing rats, going underground and flying on bats. Read the book to find out what happens. 
 
I normally don't like a lot of fictional books but this one was really interesting. It had a lot of things i like in books. Mystery, action, and mystical things. I hope you will enjoy the book like I did. Like the bats would say "Fly you high, overlander fly you high."

7 comments:

  1. I think going to an underground world would be really cool, but I could probably do without the bats and rats. Not my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I read all of the books in this series and they were great! I think the series just got better as it went along...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This series sounds really good, and very interesting. I do agree with Mrs. Wagstaff though, that the whole thing with the creatures, would really gross me out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its been a while since I read these, but I remember really liking them. They weren't quite as bloody as the Hunger Games, but they were still very exciting and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the series and loved it. I actually think it is a better series than the "Hunger Games." Just an opinion. This book has such a great story line that is easy to relate to and easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a very gripping book! It would be nice to read a book by Suzanne Collins that didn't have a ton of killing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read this book before in one of my earlier classes and I liked it a lot! It has a lot of action and cool description. I really like how this book is written.

    ReplyDelete