Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cracker

Cracker....The best dog in Vietnam


It has been several years since the war has started and the troops need more war dogs to help them find bombs and people. Cracker is a regular German Shepherd who has a happy life with his owner. Until one day they move and they find out that they can not keep Cracker any longer so they have to try to find her a good home. They couldn't find any one to take her. That was, until they saw the sign. "War dogs needed" it said. So they called and they took Cracker away. Well, Cracker didn't like being taken away from her owner. she had no idea what was going on. So she got aggressive. No one could quite handle her people were afraid to even feed her and then they started saying things about how she was to aggressive and that he army might have to put her down. And then one day the unthinkable happened a person pulled her name to be her handler. Rick. Would she finally bond with another person? would it save her from being put down? or would she act like she always does....Mean? I would highly suggest this book it is one of my favorites. But if you are going to read it then bring some tissues because I cried a ton while reading this book.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not much of a animal person (especially dogs) but it might be good for me to read this book

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a lot of people who have German Shepherd's, they are pretty big! I love animals so it sounds like a good book for me. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not into these sort of books. I don't really like animal stories when a book revolves around that animal. But I know people who are into these types of books and that they really love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love dogs, but I am not a big fan of reading stories about them. It sounds interesting how the army used the dogs. I liked the last few sentences of your review that summed it all up. Good review.

    ReplyDelete