Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Lightning Thief

My book is about this kid named Percy; his dad is the god of water. Percy was a normal kid who went to a normal school. He has a mom and a step dad. His step dad name is Gabe, who is a coach potato. He always gets mad at Percy for every thing. So Percy has moved to a lot of schools. He always gets kicked out of a lot of them. He finally figured out that he had powers. Percy got sent to a camp called Half Blood. Thar were mythical creatures there and other kids with powers. Percy met some new friends whose names are Annabeth and Grover. Grover was one of those half human half goat things. Percy and his friends need to find Zeus's stolen property. On the way to find it they had a lot of obstacles. Like ones they were on a bus and there was an old monster lady trying to kill Percy. So, if you like Greek books then this wold be a good one for you. Right now I'm reading the second one and its pretty good. I hope you can read this book.

7 comments:

  1. Some kids really didn't like the movie, but I quite enjoyed it. A lot of changes were made from the book, though, so I think that it what bothered some people. The Percy Jackson series is packed with a lot of action and adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series is really good. I know that I'll keep reading these books over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive heard from many people that this book is really good and it sounds pretty awesome i think that i will have to find this boo sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book was awesome. I think it's what triggered my habit of always, ALWAYS having a novel to read, because after this book, I read the entire series of Percy Jackson(this was like last year), then the Eragon books by Christopher Paolini, then EVERYTHING by Brandon Mull, The Lost Hero also by Riordan, and now I'm reading the Artemis Fowl books by Eoin Colfer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds really good! I saw the movie and absolutely loved it! I'll have to read it sometime. My friends always tell me how good it is. Maybe I'll check it out next year to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the book review, it really explains what kind of life Percy lived before the camp & other things. I loved the series, I recommend it too all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked this book a lot. And great book review. I have only read the first one in the series but it is on my list to read the series.

    ReplyDelete