Thursday, May 5, 2011

James Choke is being torn apart. His mom died and he is being sent to a orphan house while his dad keeps his sister. While at the orphan house he joins a gang and they trick him into getting in trouble. He gets off with a warning and goes back to the orphan house but when he wakes up the next day he doesn't know where he is.

He is in a orange t-shirt with CHERUB on it. He leaves his room and asks for directions to the headmaster but everybody says, "Cant talk to orange." When he finally finds the headmasters office he is greeted by a Scottish man named Dr Terrence McAfferty (Mac for short). Mac tells him that CHERUB is a elite school for 17 and under and that the kids who go there get top choices at any collage they want, but that's not the special thing about CHERUB.

The kids who go to CHERUB all are trained and used as spys. The British government found out that using kids as spys is super effective because nobody suspects that kids are spying on them. Going to CHERUB is completely optional. Will James go to CHERUB?

My favorite line is when He is late for basic training:
‘You starting basic training this morning?’ the kid asked. ‘Yeah,’ James said. ‘It’s half past seven,’ the kid said. ‘I know,’ James said. ‘I’m late.’ The kids burst out laughing. ‘You’re not late. You’re dead.’ ‘So dead,’ the other kid said, shaking his head. I would recommend this to people who like the Alex Rider series.

The Recruit, Robert Muchamore

7 comments:

  1. Spy novels are always pretty interesting because they are action-packed and full of adventure. Whenever I read aboutspy training novels I wonder how they figure out who would be a great spy. Several author have tried to recreate the success of the Alex Rider series, but so far nothing else has been that successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds really interesting. I never really liked the Alex Rider series, but this one sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think this book would be really fun to read i like action books and reading them they are super fun to read ill have to check this book out sometim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this book sounds awesome, it sound like a real intense book. I sound like a book with a lot of suspense. those books are always fun to read. I will have to pick it up next time i see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book doesn't sound like one I would usually read, but it looks really intense and exciting!
    Maybe I will read it this Summer if I have time.
    Good book review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book sounds just like the book to read over the summer and I think that I will read it if i can find time to.

    ReplyDelete