Monday, April 25, 2011

Flipped


Flipped is a novel by Wendelin Van Draanen. This book is about Julianna Baker (Juli) and Bryce Loski. When they were in the second grade, Bryce moved in across the street from Juli. For Juli, it was love at first sight. The first time she saw him, she was flipped. But when he first saw her, he ran.

Juli always went around saying that he was walking around with "her first kiss." That all changed in eighth grade. Starting in eighth grade Juli and Bryce "flipped." Juli decided that she was through with Bryce Loski. But Bryce realized that he spend his whole life avoiding her and never really knew her. He was flipped. Will they get together? Will Juli change her mind? Will Bryce change his mind? You'll have to read to book to figure it out!

I really enjoyed this book. I love to read romance books because they just make me feel so happy. If you like romance, I would definitely recommend this book. Romance is such a fun genre to read. Even if you are a boy and think romance is gross, just try it out. Don't judge a book by it's cover! My favorite line from the book is by Bruce. It is: "A month ago I wouldn't have paid any attention to the picture of Juli, but now I found myself staring at it." I love this quote because he realizes that he loves Juli and I think it is so adorable!

3 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite books. I like how the story is told from two points of view, that of Juli and Bryce. It's very interesting how the characters change and grow up. A movie was made that I haven't seen yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard when I was like, in 5th grade and I was like "Hmmm maybe I should read this book." But I never got to it. That description makes me want to read that book! SUPER AWESOME REVIEW! You made it sound very interesting. I think I will read that book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a book I might read!! Looks like a really interesting book with two point of views! It would give another way to look at it!! Good book review! :)

    ReplyDelete