Friday, April 22, 2011


The book I read is The Sorceress by Michael Scott. It is the third book in the Nicholas Flamel series. Josh and Sophie are the main characters, and through the series they have to learn the elemental magics: fire, water, earth, and air. Sophie has already learned fire and air magics, but her brother Josh has yet to learn any. In this book they travel through London, fighting monsters and the Magician, Dr. John Dee. They're trying to find Gilgamesh the King so he can teach them the magic of water. I think people who liked the Harry Potter series will enjoy these books. My favorite quote is "Let me speak to the old man. And don't tell him I said that!".

3 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be cool to have magical powers? I guess a lot of us feel that way because these types of fantasy books are popular.

    I haven't read any books in this series, but I like that there is both a boy and a girl as major characters. This way more people can be interested in reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of the Nicholas Flamel series, I will have to read it some time. I like your quote. I also like the awesome names in this book, like Gilgamesh and Dr. John Dee. I think I would enjoy the magical elements, a lot like the last airbender. I will try this out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of this book or series before. It sounds very interesting! Isn't the name Nicholas Flamel in Harry Potter? Haha I don't know but it sounds familiar. I love fictional stories. I just might have to read this.

    ReplyDelete