Wednesday, December 1, 2010


Ravens Gate
By: Ant
hony Horowitz
Ravens Gate By Anthony Horowitz is my favorite book that I have ever read. It is a fiction mystery type of a book with a whole lot of action. It starts with a teenage boy named Matt without any parents. He gets blamed for a lot of stuff he doesn't do. He often says "I guess I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time."

One day he gets accused for murder when he didn't even do it, but he was found guilty. As a punishment he gets sent to a service project facility with Mrs. Deverill. Here he learns that he is not an ordinary boy but he has very special powers. Mrs Deverill knows about it and is using him for something very bad and involves trying to kill him.

Mrs. Deverill has a creepy slave that Matt picks on and often calls him "one of the slimy pigs that he works with." This is because he takes care of the pigs, and it makes him smell disgusting. He is a very interesting correcter and is just one of the many people in this book you will love reading about. This book is great and I think any body that loves action will two.

7 comments:

  1. Horowitz does write great action books. I'm pretty sure I read this first book, and if I remember correctly it was a bit dark and creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sound like it is Full of Suspence! And i like suspence so i would most likely read this book!But it also sounds sad. With him not having any parents and all! But I would still enjoy reading this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Action books are fun to read. I have not read any of Horowitz's books yet. I should though because they sound very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Horowitz's books. I have read the entire Alex Rider series and I enjoyed reading them a lot. I have liked all of his action books so I might try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Stormbreaker a few years ago and I really liked it. After I read it I read the second I got bored and moved to a new series. But I really like action books so I may give it another shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this loooks like a good book. i should read it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never read and of Horowitz's books, but they sound very good. My brother has recomended them to me but I have never read them. I think that I will read them sometime.

    ReplyDelete