Friday, December 10, 2010

Gone


Gone is a book about a city in California called Perdido Beach where all the people over fifteen disappear at exactly the same time. The kids there are scared, worried, and have no idea what to do. At times like these there is always some one who steps forward and takes charge. In this case it's a fourteen year old boy named Sam. After a day or two Sam starts to worry about being leader. Kids from Coats, a school for troubled kids, come down from their school to take over. As people and animals start to mutate kids get strange powers and animals go weird, like flying snakes and talking coyotes. But when they find out Caine a boy from Coats is the most powerful he takes over the beach and changes the way it is run. My favorite line in this book is "kill me or let me go" Lana says this to a pack of coyotes that captured her. You would like this book if you like books with lots adventure and mystery.

4 comments:

  1. I read this book and thought it had an interesting premise. Even though I finished it, I thought it got a little dark and creepy. At least it was a too much for me. A lot of kids have enjoyed the whole trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds surprisingly cool to me. And yet really out there. I like that line you chose from it also. Lana sounds pretty smart and so does Sam. Hmm....I suppose I'll just have to go read it myself. Sounds pretty neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your book review is great but it dos'nt sound like I would like that book becuase im not into to mystery then again i might because i love books with action in them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds so good! i love these kind of book because it keeps you reading. I love books with alot of action, mystery, and different plots. It sound really interesting. I will probably read this book or at least look at it.

    ReplyDelete