Monday, October 25, 2010

Lightning Thief


Lightning Thief is about a boy named Percy Jackson who is a half blood child of the Greek gods. He has lived a troubled life by getting kicked out of 5 schools He's dyslexic, ADHD, never fits in with the other students, and his mother had him with a powerful rich man who vanished into the sea. His only friends are his classics teacher, Mr. Brunner and Grover Underwood who support him from a student that has to do with bullies and monsters. He starts getting that he's a half blood when a teacher reveals herself as a monster and attacks him. After Mr. Brunner gives a pen to him telling him that it is a powerful weapon

Then he is taken to Camp Half Blood where the half god and half human kids go for training. Then he starts finding out that Zeus accuses Poseidon's son Percy and gives fourteen days to Poseidon to return his lightning bolt or Zeus would start a war against his brother.On the way to the camp Sally his mom is attacked by a Minotaur and vanishes before Percy can help her. In the camp Percy becomes friends with Annabeth.But he thinks his mom may be dead and that means she’s in the Underworld so he has to rescue her. He and his friends Annabeth and Grover travel all over to get the pearls which is the only way to get out of the underworld. They travel to find out clues to how to get there. My favorite quote from the book is "If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself." I think this book is good for anyone one who likes action and adventure and mythology.

8 comments:

  1. This book sounds like a good book! From your review I think I like it already. I can kinda relate to the boy because my sister has ADHD. At times it can be very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the movie and it was good! I was looking around for the book but couldn't find it. I heard the book was much better than the movie so I decided to read it! Im now listening to it on audio. At least I can know what its about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the book awhile ago and really didn't remember too much about it. Then I saw how popular it was and realized I should probably reread it or at least read more of the books in the series. My kids (boy and girls) have enjoyed reading all of them! Great summary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also read this book but I never read any of the series and after reading this review (which was very good) it reminded me of how good those books are. The author is amazing! I love his books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this book a while ago, and for a long time it used to be my favorite book. But than I started to read the second book and lost interest. The movie wasn't very good though. But it was a good summary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read the whole series and his two new books. I can't wait for the rest of the second series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great books and great revew most of my friends wont even read it because the movie was so bad though but its their loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is, in my opinion, one of the best beginnings to a long story I have ever read. I love this book, it is great, even the table of contents with it naming every chapter named so weirdly! Read this, it is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete