Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Goose Girl by Shannon Hale



Princess Isi was taught wind-speech  by her aunt.  Her aunt said "I can understand what they say, I can teach you if you'd like."  Her mother thinks she is crazy and sends her to a foreign country to be queen.  On the way her own country attempts a cuop d'etat but the princess escapes and becomes a Goose Girl for the castle while her assistant takes Isi's place as queen.  Isi falls in love with the man she was supposed to marry.  The book is in a series and the stories just get better.  If you like to read about love, war, sabotage, and humor this is the book for you. 

3 comments:

  1. I started to read Forest Born (bk 4) when it first came out, but since there were some holds on it I wasn't able to finish it. I found I couldn't really remember some of the earlier books, so I probably need to go back and read them. I usually like fairy tale books, but my favorite Shannon Hale books are Book of a Thousand Days and The Princess Academy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of my friends have read this book and said it was amazing I'm hoping to read it after I finish the other books I'm reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this book before. It was really good! It was really intense at parts though...! I remember that it was really sad too.... I need to finish the series! I like the review!

    ReplyDelete