Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Child Called "IT"

"My relationship with mom drastically changed from discipline to punishment that grew out of control. It became so bad at times, I had no strength to crawl away-even if it meant saving my life." (Chapter 3, Bad Boy, pg. 29) Would you like to be this boy? This book is both sad and intense. If you are looking for a book that is sad but entertaining this is it. I would not read this book if you hate books that are sad and disturbing. This book is about a little boy that goes through hard times as a child like getting abused, getting made fun of and most of all scared of his family. It is really sad to know that this really happens in real life and I think we should try to be more aware of it. A Child Called "IT" is a book that will mix your emotions and is very well written. This little boy has a lot of courage to do a lot of what he does in this book. I was amazed at how much this boy did in the years of his hard life.

6 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot about this book, but I haven't ever read it. I think it's very interesting and inspiring how some people are able to overcome so many obstacles. Unfortunately we see that most people are of course adversely affected and fall into the same bad patterns. Thanks for reading a different, but difficult book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds really sad I don't think I would like this book because I don't like sad stories. If that story is real I defiantly wouldn't want to read it. I don't understand why parents would do that its terrible. Good book review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it does sound pretty sad but pretty interesting too... kind of like a brain turner. Something that really makes you think. I will be sure to read this sometime this year even if its not right away. It sounds really entertaining and yes, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard about this book. My friends say that it is a really good book. But I have never read it, but most of my friends said that they felt like crying half way threw the book. I really want to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the sadest book i have ever read! I read it a while ago and it is also kind of scary that parents would even do that. The author does a very good job of telling how scared he was. It is a very good review of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard about this book. It looks kind of interesting. And the author has a cool name. But it sounds like a nice book.

    ReplyDelete