Friday, May 8, 2015

How They Choked
By Georgia Bragg
Do you enjoy history? Or the study of medicine? Or just learning new things? If so you will love How they Croaked by Georgia Bragg.


How they choked is a fantastic non fiction book that will grab everyone’s attention. In this book, Bragg teaches you about how many famous people died. She tells their story and how they “croaked”, then you get to see interesting facts about their life, their death, the time period they lived in and more! I loved learning even more about Charles Darwin, Ludwig Van Beethoven, James A. Garfield, and other famous people and their deaths.


“The people in this book didn’t become famous because of how they croaked but because of how they lived. The people in this book were doing what they love, and it probably didn’t feel like work at all–they were just playing.”


I love this quote because it is really true. People do not remember your death, they remember how you lived, what made you different, what made you, YOU! I want to encourage you all to pursue your dreams and do what you love. You will be so much happier and you will be better at what you do, because you love it.


I honestly have not read any books like this before. The writing style is very different and Georgia Bragg has fantastic voice in her writing. She makes what would bore me to death in history class, the most exciting thing I have ever read. Here is a quote from the first chapter.


“King Tut is more famous for being dead than alive. He was a blip in Egyptian history until 1922, when some explorers hit pay dirt and found his three-thousand-year-old mummy nestled inside a giant sarcophagus.”

I would recommend this book to everyone! I loved it so much and I learned a lot! It is so entertaining, interesting and hilarious. Georgia Bragg has changed the way I view history.

2 comments:

  1. I love this book! I read a few stories in English and I loved them. I checked it out from the library. I read all the stories in one night. I stayed up until 12:30. I would recommend this book to people who need a good book to read. I would give this book a 5 out of 5 stars!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete