Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Mason Fairbanks A Wrinkle in Time

A Wrinkle in Time
By: Madeleine L'Engle

A Wrinkle in Time is a science fantasy that is very interesting with many adventures. A girl named Meg Murry, her brother Charles Wallace, and her friend Calvin O'Keefe are transported to space and time to rescue a gifted scientist that is also Meg's and Charles Wallace's dad. 

Meg, her brother, and friend, travel through time and space to rescue her dad from evil forces that hold him on a different planet as a prisoner. In the middle of one stormy night, a woman named Mrs. Whatsit shows up at the Murry's house. She looks normal but she has the ability to read Meg's thoughts. She talks about a wrinkle in time that Meg and her companions use to travel to the fifth dimension and save her dad. Camazots is ruled by a powerful ruler known as the Dark Thing. Meg and her companions go through many trials and try to defeat the evil power. There are many adventures and plenty of detail in this book to make it amazing. 

In my opinion, I think this book was very good. I also thought that it was very hard to follow along with it. I would recommend this book to people who love to read. I think that people who love to dive into the book would love to read this. It is a very exciting book.

I think that a really good part in the book is when they are traveling in time. The author gives so many details and describes it very well so it is easier for us to understand. When Meg goes through time she is put in a lever ending black room. In the book it describes it as "nothingness". I really liked how the author explained this and also all the other details she put in this book. 

In this book there are many phrases and lines that really stand out to me. One of those is "We can't take any credit for our talents, it's how we use them that counts." I think this means that we can't take pride in out talents if we never use them. Every one has different talents and we use them in different ways. Its how we use our talents that make a difference.  

4 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite books! I loved Meg, and could really relate to her (especially when she talks about teachers making her do things a certain way). I cried, and still ADORE this book today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read this book, but it sounds really interesting. I love the quote you put in. It is so true. I think it is cool how you said she describes everything really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read this book, but it sounds really interesting. I love the quote you put in. It is so true. I think it is cool how you said she describes everything really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read this book and it is very interesting and fun to read. It gets a little confusing at times, but it is well worth it if you take your time reading it.

    ReplyDelete