Friday, March 6, 2015

Kaden Mecham
Brotherband Chronicles: The Outcasts
By: John Flanagan
      Have you ever read the Ranger Apprentice books? Well if you had then you'll love the Brotherband Chronicles! This book takes place in a place called Skandia. It's a island out in the middle of the ocean. Fighting is the main event in this book. They go and steal from people and use it for their own good.

      Hal is a young boy who lost his father in a raid. He lives with his mom. Thron is a friend of Hal's dad, he lost this hand in a raid. Hal goes through the Brotherband training. It trains boys to become a fighter and teaches you everything you need to know. But their is a another band that is in it and Hal becomes to hate them.

      Hal is by far my favorite character! He loves to build things and so do I. He is a born leader and leads is his brotherband group throughout the training. He is born skirl. ( skirl is a leader of a boat) I got inspired by Hal, I was really surprised by the ways he overcomes his problems and the problems he faces with his brotherband.

      The quote that chose was "You're the skirl, Take charge." One member of the brotherband said this to Hal. I really like this quote because I am the guy who likes to stay in the crowd so it talks to me saying to take charge and lead the way.

      I really liked this book, people who like adventure and mystery will love this book!  I give it 10 stars out of 5! This should be the next book you read!!!!

6 comments:

  1. this book sounds really interesting. I love action and adventure books. I think I should read this book. Is there any book that you would say this book alike too. Is it more made up or is there a lot of true stuff in this book? i am excited to read this book for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds like a great book! it sounds just like the type of book that i love to read! i love the action/adventure books with a little bit of mystery. thank you for the post about this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great book! I have read the rangers aprentice series and loved it. This sounds like a book that I would love to read, Flanagan is great at creating fantasy worlds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds very good. I am a big fan of his congruent series, Rangers Apprentice. I really like his books and the way they are written, I will definitely add this to my list of books I need to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that this book sounds pretty interesting. I might read it. I have enjoyed other books by John Flanagan. I can relate that I love to build things. (especially with Legos)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds really good! I haven't read the rangers apprentice series. (I don't really read in general) This is a book i can relate too and is one that i would read.

    ReplyDelete