Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Rangers Apprentice book 1 Ruins of Gorlan



Rangers Apprentice by John Flanagan is a great series and this book helps start it out very well. Rangers apprentice is an action adventure book with many great twists and turns that will keep you wanting more and more.

Rangers Apprentice is about a orphan boy named Will and his adventure in the rangers corps. He and his friends live in the ward together then one day they are chosen by craft masters and Will is chosen as a rangers apprentice.  Will begins his training as a ranger but his ward mate Horace is having a harder time with the training because of bullies. Will then goes on a mission with Halt and Gillian to the ruins of Gorlan to hunt the kallakara.

I would be so scared if I met the kallakara like Will. Alyss is very sweet and she is also very formal which makes her a good diplomat. Horace is very mean at first but turns out to be very loyal to his friends. And Will is very mischievous he loves to climb and he is very silent he uses these abilities to  be a good rangers apprentice.

My favorite quote is "Never let people get too close to you If they try to be on your guard no matter who they are or how friendly you think they are"I like this quote because it shows how serious rangers are.
  
I really loved this book it was very fun to read because I love adventure and action and this has a helping of it. It's a good read and I recommend this to everybody.
 

6 comments:

  1. I read this series through about book 3 or 4. It's been very popular, mostly with the boys. Mostly I'm glad we live in a different world and in a relatively safe place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be amazing to have all the cool skills the rangers have. I have read all of this series and i have loved it. it is the best

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be such a fun book to read!! Action and Adventure books are my favorite to. I really want to start reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just really confused on what the book is about. What is the kallakara? Where do they live? What time period is this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This seems like it would be a good action book for people to read. I personally don't think that there is enough details about the book to get a good knowledge of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds really fun to read! It looks very action packed just by looking at the cover! I think I would like to try this book because I like fantasies and I look reading cool action books. Chase Thompson

    ReplyDelete