Friday, October 3, 2014



   The Fault in our Stars if one of the most heart felt, cute little love stories ever!  Hazel is a teenage girl who suffers with stage four thyroid cancer and metastasis which has spread to her lungs.  Hazel is always very sick and her mom is always right by her.  Her mom wants her to be like a regular teenage girl so she signs her up for a Support Group.  Hazel hates support group.  But one day, she met Augutsas Waters. Hazel and Gus started to form a strong relationship.  And the story is all about their relationship and all the adventures that they have together.

   I really enjoyed this book!  It was one of my favorite, and it was really heart felt and sad.  I recommend this book to mostly teens and parents.  I fell like this is definitely more of a girls book.

   I really liked the book.  And I thought that it was a really good idea having a happy book about cancer because we don't have enough of those.  John Green also went into great details about the characters, it made it feel like I was right there watching them the whole time.  Mrs. Lancaster (Hazels mom), reminds me a lot of my mom.  My mom is always there for me and would help me no matter what!

    "Maybe 'okay' will be our always."  That is my favorite quote from The Fault in our Stars.  It is very simple but very meaningful.  The quote just sums up Gus' and Hazels relationship perfectly.  Okay was their word that they would always have.  What ever was going on in the story it was always gonna be "okay".
   

9 comments:

  1. I really like this book. I love all of John Greens books. The reason i love the fault in are stats so much is because its all about celebrating life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this book, but didn't love it like many people. Trying to find an obscure author was a little bit strange, but I liked reading about Amsterdam. I haven't seen the movie yet, so I am definitely curious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never read this book but it sounds pretty good! Cancer is a very hard thing to deal with. Hazel sound like she learns how to face it and not run away from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this movie when it came out. It was really good but since I saw the movie I wanting to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It soungs like a good book. You are right about how little books that their are about cancer. I bet that there are really a lot of people out in the world with cancer and it is good that John Green has raised awareness about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book relates to the real world. People have cancer and stuff like this does actually happen. I love how the author made it so the readers truly understood how hard cancer can be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a really good book! It reminds me a little bit of another book I read: "Just one wish", because the main character has a little brother with cancer and she would do anything for him just like Hazel's mom would.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel bad for that poor girl. I don't think i would handle that very well ,having all those sickness. Im glad she found a guy that loves her for her and doesn't care about the differences they have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i absolutely loved this book and i loved the movie. of course i did cry when i read it and when i saw it. I loved how hazels mom would do anything for her and it makes me happy! i loved this book

    ReplyDelete