Friday, October 3, 2014

Joseph Amosa
Media Aide A1
The Hunger Games
by Suzanne Collins


     How would you feel if you were put in an arena with other people ages 12 or 18. You had to kill off each other to win... You could even put in the arena with your best friend. Or even your lover.
   
     Well thats what the Hunger Games is all about. Katniss Everdeen from district 12, is the in the district of coal miners. She has a sister, primrose and her mother. Here dad died in a coal explosion while mining. Every Year Panem does a does a drawing from every district (there are 12 district), one boy and one girl. They have to either be 12 to18 years of age. Whoever gets picked has to go with 23 other people in an arena and fight till the death.
   
     I can make a connection to the book when they fight to the death to win, its kind of like when I fight with my brothers and sisters. At the dinner table we always fight for the best food on the table, and like the Hunger Games whoever wins gets the prize. Or the best food.
   
     This book was amazing, it made me wonder what was going to happen next in the book after every chapter. I loved how this book was put together, and the storyline was really good. I recommend this book to everyone. Its super fun to read!!!

     "And may the odds be ever in your favor". This quote is said in the book enough times in the book to know the meaning. What it means to me is we hope you win and good luck. It it said at the end of the reaping.













4 comments:

  1. Your connection made me laugh. I didn't grow up in a big family, but I lived in a primitive area for awhile where it was hard to find good cold water or drinks. There were only two of us, but we would "battle" for the pitcher of water or punch at the dinner table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your connection. I also fight with my brothers for the best food on the table. In "Here dad dies in a coal mining accident" the here needs to be her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book looks very interesting and I've heard it's very full of detail and action parts. It's very cool and will hook your interest with the first sentence. I've also heard that some parts are a little gruesome, but that shouldn't keep you from reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i also like your connection about your family and how they fight for the food not are family we fight for the TV and whose turn is it to go on the Xbox.

    ReplyDelete