Friday, March 1, 2013

Emeralds and Espionage
By: Lynn Gardner
 
 
              Romance. A pretty boring story if that is all it is about, but when you put it with mystery it has a whole new meaning.
 
              Ever since Allison Alexander was little she went with her mother to their vacation home in California, since her father had died.  Well everyone thought he was dead but Allison knew better. Once in a while she could feel her father's presence in the vacation home.  Allison had always felt safe in the vacation home and could always slightly feel what her father was thinking.  This time things were different.  When she got to the house it was late but she noticed something different. There was a boat on their dock.  There had never been a boat on the dock.  Her mother was traveling for work and wouldn't be there until later that week.  When she hears gun shots she knows she is in for a long week.  She soon realizes that all the people she loves is involved: her father, her mother and Bart, a man that she has loved and played with since she was three years old.  Bart had left her and never came back for five years, and now shows up where she never thought she would find him.  To save her life, Allison's father had set up a plan years ago that will make her go back in time, when she had loved Bart.  Will she be able to go through with the plan?  Will she be able to forgive Bart for those things he had done so many years ago?  In this book there is always another secret Allison has to find out.  You won't want to put the book down.
  
              I loved this book!  It was amazing.  I guarantee that you won't be able to put the book down.  It is very addicting and I am pretty sure you will keep going back to read this book again. The setting in this book is explained very well. You almost feel as if you are there, walking around the house or on the beach. If you like either romantic or mystery kind of books, this is the book for you. I would highly recommend this book to anyone. It was really good and I hope you will think so too. 

6 comments:

  1. Personally, I love romance! Mixing it with mystery sounds like it could be a great book! I wish that I could travel back like alison! Im going to have to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love romance and mystery. Now i know kind of what it's about and i want to know even more! This looks like an amazing book and i think that i will read it. I am not a fan of reading but i think I will like this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Romance is a great thing in a book, and these characters seem very troubled. Trouble and secrets make for a good, twisting plot. I've been looking for another good book, and this might be the one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mystery and romance are my two favorite genres! I like how the book includes time travel! It would be so interesting to read how the author combined those three things, because I certainly didn't think it was possible until now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My two favorite genre's are romance and mystery, so I'm sure I would absolutely love this story! It sounds very interesting, with the whole time traveling thing. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love books that have such great detail. It really allows you to relate to the characters and get into the book much more easily.

    ReplyDelete