Thursday, December 13, 2012

Carole Wilkinson is the author of one of my favorite books Dragon Keeper. The genre of the book is fantasy!

 This book is about a dragon that is captive by a cruel master. The only one who can help this dragon is a young slave named Ping. Ping discovers that her destiny is to protect the aging dragon and his mysterious purple stone.  The journey isn't easy as they are being chased by a evil dragon hunter and a powerful sorcerer. Dragon must teach her courage, friendship, and how to be a true dragon keeper.

The main characters in this book are ping and the dragon Danzie. I love the characters and it's probably one of the reasons why I really like the book.  Ping is an orphan, she is inscure and doesn't really know who she is. Through out the book she finds herself and lives up to her destiny. She is brave, nice, and courageous. The dragon Danzie talks to Ping in many ways. He is smart, loving, and wise.

I would reccomend this book to everyone who loves  a good story about friendship, courage, and bravery. One of my favorite quotes is," the straight path must sometimes be crooked." This book compares to the Fire Star series.  And hope you will read the book.


1 comment:

  1. Dude! This sounds way cool. I like how you included Ping's personality, and how she is insecure at first, but soon finds herself. I feel that mentioning that really pulled me into your summary. Well done!

    ReplyDelete