Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring


The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

     Imagine being at a normal, regular party with many friends and family. When you go home, a wizard is sitting in your house, pouring himself a cup of tea and satisfying himself with cake. And then just when he begins to explain as to why he is here, he pushes you out the door and tells you to go on an adventure! This is what happens to a friendly and admirable hobbit, Frodo Baggins of the Shire. Gandalf unexpectedly shoves him out his hobbit hole to meet him in a place called Bree for business that is a great concern to the free peoples of Middle Earth. Frodo is given by his uncle Bilbo, the one ring of power. It has the power to make things differently from what they are. It can posses you and turn you invisible when you put it on. But, though the invisibility is a great function for such a mysterious ring, it draws Sauron's, the dark lord's, servants, the Nazgul to hunt you until years end if they have to. Frodo must embark on an evil and perilous quest to destroy this ring and restore peace in Middle Earth. He goes through the Mines of Moria with his several companions. Gandalf, Samwise Gamgee, Perigrin Took, Meryadock Brandybuck, Legolas Greenleaf, Aragorn son of Arathorn, Gimli son of Gloin, and Boromir of Gondor. They fight off the evil Uruk-hai and venture through the woods of Lothlorien. 

This is a very good book, one that will not leave you putting it back on the shelf. It is an excellent adventure and novel and I hope that you enjoy this book as much as I did. One of my favorite quotes from this book is...

"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened." said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

   Thank you for taking the time to read my review and I hope that this will give you an idea on just how good this book is.

Written by Chase Thompson

2 comments:

  1. I really hate it when people shove me out of my own house (it happens a lot). So I can really understand Frodo's frustration of being kicked out of his own house. I will try to read this book when I get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure that I would freak out if I went home and some one was sitting in my house that I didn't know. I would probably leave and call the cops or something.

    ReplyDelete