Thursday, November 13, 2014

Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone
By J.K. Rowling

     Harry lives with his aunt, uncle and their son Dudley (AKA the Dursleys).  Ever since Harry's parents (supposedly) died in a car crash the Dursleys have always hated him. But they hated him even more when he got a letter from Hogwarts.  At Hogwarts Harry makes new friends. But Hogwarts isn't just a normal school its a school for witches and wizards. But Harry does much more than just making potions and casting spells.......  Strange things are happening at the school and its up to Harry and his friends to find out.
     If i got a letter from a school for witches and wizards, I would faint and then wake up and faint again. Every kid wants to be special for something they did, I would love to be a witch for that reason.
    One of my favorite quotes on this book is“You haven't got a letter on yours," George observed. "I suppose she thinks you don't forget your name. But we're not stupid-we know we're called Gred and Forge.”  I love this quote because if you just watch the movie it takes out allot of the humor that is in the book.
     I would really recommend this book to any one because its so easy to read and there is always something going on so its never boring. I really enjoyed reading this book so much that I kept reading the entire series.


 

   
   

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great book! Fred and George sound like really funny guys. Books about wizards are always exciting and fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this series in like fourth and fifth grade and I LOVED it! This is definitely a series that you're not able to put down.

    ReplyDelete