Thursday, December 1, 2011

Titans Curse


When Percy, Annabeth, Thalia, and Grover go to rescue two half-bloods, Bianca and her younger brother Nico, an unexpected visitor awaits them. While they battle the monster, Artemis and her Hunters come to the rescue. They get the monster to go away, at least for now. During the battle Annabeth fell of a cliff, but Percy has a feeling she is still alive. Artemis must leave Percy and his friends to go track down a very powerful monster. This means her Hunters must stay at Camp Half-Blood to be safe while she is away. Zoe, the attendant to Artemis, feels Artemis is in danger. Chiron, a leader at camp, allows the quest, but they must rescue Artemis before the Winter Solstice. The all knowing Oracle gives a prophecy saying, "Five shall go west to the goddess in chains, One shall be lost in the land without rain, The bane of Olympus shows the trail, Campers and Hunters combined prevail, The Titans Curse must one withstand, And one whall perish by a parents hand." This decides who gets to go on the quest to find Artemis, and hopefully rescue Annabeth. Zoe, Bianca, Thalia, Grover, and another Hunter named Phoebe are chosen to go. When Phoebe gets sick and can't go, they leave with only four. Percy is not allowed to go, but can't help it, so he secretly follows them. They eventually find out Percy is there, but they are not upset he actually helps them a lot. Along the way they face several monsters. Will the prophecy come true? Who dies in the land with no rain? Who withstands the Titans Curse? And who must perish by their parents hand?
I enjoyed reading this book. It was full of great action. I would most definetly recommend not only this book, but the whole series. I rate this book a 9 out of 10. I liked it, but it did seem very similar to the first two books. I am excited to read the rest of the series! My favorite quote from the book was something said by Percy Jackson. He says, "I met her eyes, trying to ask her a thousand questions. There was just one message she was sending me though: RUN."

3 comments:

  1. Great review! My daughter, who generally doesn't like to read, really loved this series. I like how the books generally take place in a lot of different locations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book was wonderfully superb. I enjoyed reading these intellectual words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everybody tells me I have to read the series but I don't know which is first, what order do they go in?

    ReplyDelete