Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Alchemyst

Josh caught a glimpse of his sister just as Dee tossed the crystal. He was partially shielded by Nick and Perry, both of whom were battered to the floor by the light. Josh's vision became a kaleidoscope of black -and-white still images as the light seared the rods and cones at the back of his eyes. He saw Nick drop the metal-bound book onto the floor ... saw two black-clad shapes surround Perry and vaguely heard her scream ... saw Dee snatch the book with a grunt of triumph while Nick groped blindly on the floor.
"You lose, Nicholas," Dee hissed, "as you have always lost. Now I get to take those things most precious to you: your beloved Perenelle and your book."
The Alchemyst is a book full of mystery and legend. Michael Scott turnes history and true facts into fantacy in a really cool way. I could not stop reading this book.
I would reccomend this mostly to kids who like fantasy or adventure.

3 comments:

  1. You wrote about a very descriptive scene. At first I wondered if it was too much like Harry Potter, but a lot of kids have enjoyed the series. I think it's about a brother and sister, so I like the fact that it involves a boy and girl as major characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds great! I like the type of writing that the author uses and I can tell that the book will be filled with lots of adventure and vengeance, I enjoy these types of books and I will try this book out. That was a great choice for an opening statement for the book review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an intense book the way you put it. Although I want to know what the metal-bound book is. I think your review was cool cause you put an interesting scene that has how the author rights. Now I know that he writes more towards action I like it!!!

    ReplyDelete