Monday, January 31, 2011

Leviathan


Leviathan is a book by Scott Westerfeld. It is a Historical fiction with some fantasy in it because of the mythical creatures in it. It is about a Serbian prince named Alecxandar, and his story of on the run because he is a fugitive from the "Clankers" who are the enemies of the Darwinists. A quote by Alec is "How can you live with these crazy beasts every day?"

I would recommend this book to all who like fanstasy and those who like a page turner, there is a second book in this series, called Behemoth. I loved it and cannot wait for the next one to come out.

4 comments:

  1. I loved this book. That is a really good quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talked to Mrs. Hatch's classes last spring about steampunk, which is the genre of this book. It's a very interesting premise to have a war fought by machines vs. animals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way that you described the fantasy side to the book, I also like the fact that it seems to be a quick-paced book and there are lots of mythical creatures... I would like to try this series and I have heard a lot of good things about Behemoth also. Thanks for the great book review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked how you put the quote from Alec it was very clever. It sounds like a good book, I think I will read this book after I finish mine. I like the kind of books where there is a fugitive cause it makes it more interesting.

    ReplyDelete