Thursday, January 27, 2011

Uglies

"In a world of extreme beauty, anyone who is normal is Ugly"
I have been reading this book called Uglies. It is about a girl named Tally who lives in Uglyville. When Uglies turn 16, they get an operation that makes them "Pretty". They live in Prettytown and play all day. Tally meets a girl named Shay that doesn't want to be pretty. Shay runs away to a place called The Smoke. Tally can't decide if she wants to turn pretty or stay an ugly for the rest of her life. What does she do next? Well you will have to read the book to find out!

I highly recommend this book. 5 stars!

6 comments:

  1. Sorry guys. I can't get the picture to show. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine if this happened in real life, where you could get a operation that could make you perfect.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved this series. I enjoy dystopian novels that show people trying to change how things are done. I haven't read the 4th book, but from what I've heard it's not about Tally. This series has been popular for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister read all of the books and I have been meaning to read them but I keep finding other books. I had forgot about it for the longest time so now I can focus and read it! its a really good review

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read this entire series! These books were so interesting to me because they were futuristic and when they would talk about the past they would really be talking about us right now. Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete