Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pendragon (Book 2)
The Lost City of Faar
 By: D.J. MacHale

"I could go on forever about how strange this is, but I don't have time." -Bobby Pendragon

     Shortly after his first adventure on the territory of Denduron, Bobby Pendragon is whisked off on another journey to save the underwater world of Cloral. Saint Dane, the villainous mastermind, is back once again. This time, he is more than determined to turn the seemingly perfect territory of Cloral into a war zone. It's up to Bobby, Uncle Press, and a new friend, Vo Spader, to save this underwater colony from disaster. This crime fighting gang find a clue that leads them on a hunt to find The Lost City of Faar. Bobby, Press, and Spader believe that Faar holds the key to stopping Saint Dane in his tracks and saving Cloral. Can this rag tag group, along with some new friends, find the Lost City of Faar and stop Saint Dane before its too late?

     This is the second installment of a great series. I loved the first book, and the second book definitely was NOT a disappointment! I really enjoy the format that this book is written in. It's written as Bobby's journals being sent to his two best friends back on Earth, Courtney and Mark. I love science fiction, and this book is incredible. I also was able to make a connection with The Lost City of Faar being The Lost City of Atlantis in our world. D.J. MacHale writes with great detail so it's easy to visualize what is going on.  Overall, a super good read with great characters and a superb plot.

Of course, you have to read the first book though :) 

-Natalie Freeze B8

5 comments:

  1. These were pretty popular several years ago, but I haven't seen them being read as much lately. I think sci-fi books are making a resurgence. Sometimes it's nice to read something besides the latest and greatest novel craze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great book that I haven't read yet. I always enjoy a good sci-fi book but I can never find many. Of course I will have to read book 1 before this one, but I think it sounds really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just recently finished this series and loved them. The only downside is that the books can be a little redundant of each other. But overall, it is a very fun story with an unusual plot, which is always nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book looks really weird. The cover doesn't make my want to read it. But you know what they say "You cant judge a book by its cover" so I guess I will have to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this book and I liked it. On the fact of the cover looking "weird" you will know why once you start reading the story. It was a good book and I like how the author writes his books.

    ReplyDelete