Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Northanger Alibi


Northanger Alibi Jenni James. Northanger alibi is a modern day version of Jane Austen's novel 'Northanger Abbey' with a twist of Twilight mixed into it..

 Northanger Alibi is about a girl named Claire. She is super excited when her family friends invite her to come to Washington with them, because that is where her favorite book 'Twilight' takes place.
 When she finds out that she has to hang out with some random kids she is kind of rethinking the whole vacation, but decides that it is a once in a lifetime trip. When she gets to Washington, she meets the teens, she is shocked at how much the boy, Tony reminds her of Edward. When she meets a new guy at the mall she is convinced that he is a werewolf. He is from the same Native American tribe as Jacob and his last name is Black. So now she is convinced that her life is a real living version of Twilight. She knows something is up with Tony because he acts like he is hiding something. He also says he can not tell her what the secret is, so she is positive he is a vampire! But then something unexpected happened...

I really liked this book! It was a really fun, easy, and it was a really interesting story! I had a hard time putting it down, and when I did put it down I was thinking about it the rest of the day. I really recommend this book to anyone who likes to read funny novels with a twist in it!

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this book, but I kind of thought the main character was not too smart. I mean really believing that somehow Twilight is real and vampires and werewolves exist. Fun read for those who enjoy Jane Austen and/or a little romance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book review really made me interested into reading this. I love twilight and It would be awesome to read about a girl who loves it to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really love books with adventure and romance and my favorite series is twilight i am definately going to read this book. do we have this in he library? i would really like to check it out! it sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love books that put a movie into a funny twist! This sounds like a great book to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds really funny. I'm not a huge Twilight fan to begin with but this sounds like it would make me want to watch the movies (for a good laugh). I also agree with what Mrs. Wagstaff said about how the main character seems a little on the dull side, but now I want to know what the secret was...
    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete